Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Moving and Cullen's 3rd Birthday!

We are officially in our new house!  As of Friday, October 25, we were renters at our old house.  Andrew and I closed on our new house Monday, October 28, and the moving process began.

We hired a local company to move us out of the old and into the new on Tuesday, October 29.  It was a long day, extreme emphasis on the long part.  The movers, 4 big guys and one large truck, arrived about 9:30am.  I had done most of the packing over the past two months.  Yes, I did most of it.  I have become extremely efficient at packing and moving over the years.  Andrew was able to move the stuff we had put in storage into the garage, so the movers could move that as well.  The guys finished moving all of our stuff and left about 7pm.  Yes, long day.  It ended up taking two trips, but I do have to say the guys were excellent, and I would highly recommend them to anyone local.

The entire day was exhausting.  Being 21 weeks pregnant did not help with the fatigue, but I kept on going because things needed to be done.  We moved on a day the boys didn't have preschool.  I had three little kids who behaved beyond my expectations.  Of course, they tried to help and we had little missteps, but their behavior was more than I could have asked for.  We all collapsed into bed around 8:30 that night exhausted.

Cullen's 3rd birthday was on Tuesday, October 29 or moving day too.  Andrew and I felt really bad, but there was no avoiding it.  We were able to get some cupcakes and have a mini celebration after a late dinner.  Essentially, we moved his birthday to the next day.  We did presents and a whole hoopla at preschool.  I can't believe my little man is 3 already!  Time flies sometimes.  I have a few cute pictures of him blowing out his candles, but they are stuck on my camera until I can find the cord to download it onto the computer.  I'm sure it's in a box somewhere!

Cullen opened his presents Wednesday morning.  He was super excited about his presents.  Jackson was not as excited when he tried to take a toy and Cullen quickly told him, "No, these are my toys!"  Ah, sibling love.  Jackson tried to tattle on Cullen for not sharing.  Andrew and I shared a look of 'oh, kid you are talking to the wrong people.'  Jackson needs to learn sharing is not stealing his brother's toys when he wants to play with them and then get angry after Cullen takes them away again.  The joy of having siblings!

It was a long few days, but we trudged through.  All that is left is unpacking which we can take our time doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment