Friday, August 22, 2014

Summer Needs to End

I'm done.  The End.  I'm out.

My kids need to go back to school now.

I have had all four kids home with me for 3 weeks, and I've reach my limit.  School cannot start soon enough.

It's August in Texas for goodness sakes.  We play outside for 5 minutes, and I'm dripping in sweat.  Hell, I start feeling sweat drip down my back after the monumental task of getting all four kids into the car.  It's not getting below 80 degrees at night.  By the time we all get out of the house to go play or run errands, it's already in the upper 80s and feeling like it's in the 90s.  Don't even talk to be about going outside in the afternoon.  It's not even in the realm of possibility unless a pool was involved, and that's out of the question because I can't leave Cassidy out in the heat.  When your weather forecast says the UV index will have you burning in 15 minutes and it feels like 105 outside, I am not about to go frolicking in the fields.  It would be more we go frolicking 20 feet, fall down on the ground, and suffer from heat stroke while getting a nice burn on our white as all get out skin.  Not happening.

Now, I'm stuck inside with the kids who have an endless amount of energy (which I would kill for!).  They're playing 'fight.'  Yes, it is exactly how it sounds.  The two oldest basically punch and kick at each other until someone comes crying to me about how so-and-so hit them.  My response, "Then stop playing fight!"  Or let's go jump on all the furniture and drive mom up a freaking wall!

And let's not forget the two littles.  Poor Cassidy is getting her hair pulled every day.  The poor girl is going to have a phobia about anyone touching her hair if it happens much more.  Sawyer has learned to crawl out of his crib when he is determined, which means he's learned to climb the shelves in the playroom closet his brother's have left open (even after I tell them to close it!).  Sawyer gets in the closet, pulls everything down, and makes a huge mess.  Guess who gets to pick it up?  Haha, not me.  Jackson and Cullen can whine and complain about picking it up, but if they would have followed my instructions on closing the door, there would be no mess in the first place.  So they get to clean it up.  Completely fair in my eyes.

Teachers, I know you definitely deserve your break after putting up with 20+ classroom kids during the school year, but I need to send them back.  It is for my sanity!  Take them!


Cassidy's expression sums it all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment