Wednesday, May 13, 2015

A Big Thanks to my Dad!

Andrew and I were in Mexico all last week.  We left the Friday before and came back last Friday.  It was a much needed adults only vacation.  One we haven't taken in 4 years.  My parents were kind enough to watch the kids while we were gone.

However, my Mom ended up in the Emergency Room and admitted to the hospital Sunday night for a kidney infection.  The infection was pretty bad, and she spent three days in the hospital before being discharged Wednesday afternoon.

Instead of calling us back, my Dad 'rallied the troops'.  He watched all four kids by himself and never once complained.  He texted us with a few questions, but never asked Andrew and I to come home.  He brought the kids to school, packed lunches, made all three meals, showered/bathed and put them to bed all by himself.  He was awesome!

And a big thank you to Jackson's teacher, Ms. Canales!  She found out what was going on (Jackson has a big mouth) and called my parents asking how she can help.  She brought Jackson to school two days and to his Kindergarten performance Tuesday night.  Thank you Ms. Canales!

I cannot tell you how truly grateful I am Andrew and I were able to spend our vacation relaxing and enjoying ourselves.  We knew what was going on thanks to free international texting (thank you T-Mobile!).  We knew the kids were in good hands, and I knew my Dad could handle all of them.  If he can handle the Navy for 20+ years, four kids should be a cake walk.

From the depths of my heart, Thank You Dad!  I don't know many (if any) Grandpas who could do what you did.  As the kids say, Grandpa is awesome!

As for Mexico, Andrew and I had a fabulous time doing nothing but laying out on a beach and poolside for a week.  The weather was perfect, and the ocean was warm.  It was exactly what we needed!

I'll be posting more pictures later this week, but here's one from our resort in Riviera Maya.

No comments:

Post a Comment