Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I've been a slacker

I know.  I know.  I've been a complete and total slacker in writing lately.  I do have multiple excuses which are all very valid.  Life's been a little crazy around here.

1.  Sawyer is recovering from eye surgery as well as teething.  He's had two top teeth cut and has two more top teeth getting ready to cut as well.  He's not a happy trooper about his teeth.

2.  On a good note, Sawyer is noticeable happier after his eye surgery.  Andrew and I can definitely tell a difference with his mood.  He's happier since he can see.  It's pretty amazing.

3.  Jackson and Cullen are entering the 'let's bother the hell out of each other' stage.  It's been a lot of whining and complaining with a good dose of me saying, "Stop bothering each other!"  It not only happens in the house but in the car.  Since the boys are all the way in the back in the Explorer, I can't reach them.

4.  Jackson and Cullen have been out of preschool for three weeks and have two more weeks before school starts.  I will be ridiculously happy to have two out of the house for a little while.  Not only does my sanity need it, I need to go the grocery store with 1 child instead of toting 3.  I have to admit they have been extremely good with grocery shopping.  We've gotten our routine down to a science.  Cullen and Sawyer in the cart, and Jackson walking around with me.  Surprisingly, this works for us.  It's nice to have Jackson at the age where he knows when I'm serious about staying within my eye sight.

5.  I'm still in the process of mourning Mea, my 11 year old dog.  Trust me, I don't bust out in tears anymore, so it's a lot better.  The hardest part is the kids asking where she is.  I've patiently explained several times Mea had to leave us and go home to heaven, and she is not coming back.  Unfortunately, my kids are just to young to completely comprehend what it means.  Cullen still thinks Mea is at the vet or hiding.  Just this morning, I was putting Thibie in her crate as we were leaving the house, and Cullen starts calling out for Mea to put her in her crate.  I get daily reminders she passed away which is just drawing out the process for me.

I will try to do better with writing, but I ask you give me a slight break.  This has been a stressful month.  I'm looking forward to putting it behind very, very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment