Tuesday, December 3, 2013

M&M Thief

I was in the kitchen when Cullen came up to me and said, "Sawyer's eating the M&Ms."

I was completely confused by this statement.  One, the M&Ms are in a metal container that I would have surely heard.  Two, they're in the pantry which is closed.  And when I glanced over, I learned it was open.  Three, Sawyer has never had M&Ms, so I don't know why he would be after them.

"What?" I asked for clarification.

"Sawyer is eating the M&Ms, Mom.  Come see," Cullen is telling me while pulling me into the dining room.

I go through the doors and in a little alcove (little as in just a few inches long because it is piled with pictures we have yet to hang on the walls) Sawyer has emptied almost an entire bag of dark chocolate M&Ms in a corner and is gorging himself on them.  Said M&Ms were not in the metal container.  His face is a multi-colored smorgasbord of color.  His hands are rainbow like, and he still has M&Ms clutched in one hand as the other hand is shoveling them into his mouth.

At first, I'm too astonished at the scene before me to even react.  I quickly get with the program, move him, and start trying to pick up the candy.  I grab the half empty container still in the pantry and start throwing M&Ms in it.  I had to stop in order to remove Sawyer from the room and put him across the house because he was willing to do whatever it took to get back to those delicious little crack candies.  Cullen was a great little helper and helped pick up all the M&Ms without trying to eat them.  I gave him a couple as a little reward for being a good helper.

Unfortunately, no picture was taken.  I was too worried about our dog, Thibie, discovering the mess and eating chocolate to contemplate taking a quick picture.  Luckily, Thibie was taking a nap by the back door.

Note to self, Sawyer has discovered M&Ms and acts like a crack addict to get some more.  And I need to put them significantly higher in the pantry to avoid another such situation.  For, I have a now known little M&M thief.

No comments:

Post a Comment