Thursday, June 7, 2012

Doctors, Preschool, the Pool and Doctors!

It has been an unbelievable crazy week!  This is not how I predicted my week would go when I was thinking about it on Sunday.

Monday, Cullen started preschool.  There will definitely be a period of adjustment this go around.  Cullen is teething his canines and has been for forever (or at least it feels like it).  Check that, it has been going on for forever.  He's had two break through and two more are on the way.  Cullen has always been a difficult teether.  It's been many long nights, early mornings, and a cranky toddler for awhile.

Tuesday, Jackson had his 3 year old well check.  His stats are

Height - 37 inches, 90%
Weight - 32lb 2 oz, 50-75%

He's healthy and  growing which is evident by the amount of food he consumes on a daily basis.  The doctor did find something unusually in his private area.  He wanted us to go get a ultrasound to make sure it wasn't anything serious.  Tuesday afternoon turned into a visit to a radiology place to get Jackson an ultrasound.  Overall, he was pretty good during the whole thing.  Especially considering it took place during his nap time, and he was exhausted.  A couple of hours later, I received a call from his pediatrician telling me Jackson has a cyst.  He didn't think it was a problem, but wanted us to see a Pediatric Urologist just to make sure.

Because of the ultrasound, Andrew came home early to help me.  After the ultrasound, Andrew and I took the boys down to the pool as a treat.  They loved it!  It was something we rarely get to do in the middle of the week.  It was nice to carve out a little family time.

Wednesday, the boys headed off to preschool while I had my OB appointment.  I waited an hour to see the doctor for two minutes.  I realize it's busy, but I was extremely glad I decided to bring my Kindle with me.  I might have been seriously pissed off if I hadn't had the distraction of a good book.  I'm fine and so is the baby.  When I picked up Jackson and Cullen, I learned Cullen decided to take a nap a school, a long nap.  The teething strikes again!  Of course that meant, he didn't take a nap in the afternoon.  It made for a long day.

Today, I took Jackson down to the Pediatric Urologist.  Everything is fine.  They are going to keep an eye on it.  As long as it doesn't grow or cause him any pain, it's better just to leave it alone.  The official diagnosis is Epididymal Cyst.  In 4 months, he'll go for another ultrasound to check it out.  After the doctor's appointment, I picked Cullen up from Andrew.  Cullen went into work with Andrew this morning and got to play with all the cool toys at Andrew's work.  With Cullen in tow, we went to park to blow off all the excess energy.

It's only Thursday, but it sure feels like Friday!  Cheers to a relaxing Friday, Saturday, and Sunday!  We don't need any more excitement around our house for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment