Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Where is your brother?

I was upstairs with the boys.  I had pulled them out of the guest room because I caught them jumping on the bed.  Again. 

They were happily jumping off a small set of stairs.  Jackson from the third, and Cullen from the bottom.  Oh yes, Cullen is attempting to jump off of everything he sees Jackson jumps off now.  This makes things so much fun and exciting!

I had my back turned.  It got really quiet after a few minutes.  I turned around and saw Jackson at the top of the stairs.  I asked him where Cullen was.

Jackson answer, "He's right there," while pointing into an alcove.

My common sense told me to go check it out.  Low and behold, Cullen was standing in the attic space upstairs barefoot.  Jackson must have opened the door, and Cullen walked right on in.


Our attic door is normally locked for exactly this reason.  We did not want to lose a child in it.  The attic only has a 4 x 12 ft of walking space and the rest is insulation sloping over part of the house.  Plus with it being 100 degrees outside, it's a tad hot in there.  Only sauna quality for us!

After retrieving Cullen from the attic, I dutifully locked the door.  Quietness in my house is usually not a good thing.  And it is yet again proven correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment