Friday, June 28, 2013

Tortilla Mask

Last Friday, we had fajitas for dinner.  Andrew grilled the meat while I sautéed the peppers and onions.  It was a family effort kind of dinner.

We were sitting around the kitchen table enjoying dinner when Cullen decided to make a mess.  He unwrapped his tortilla and pulled everything out of it.  He was smearing sour cream and guacamole all over his plate while simultaneously dipping the fajita meat in it to eat.  It was mess, but he was eating and containing it to his plate.  It wasn't too worried.

Amongst the mess, Cullen picked up his tortilla and bit a hole in the center of it.  He held it up to his face to see through.   Andrew leans over and whispers, "I bet he makes another hole for his other eye."  Sure enough, he did.

Next thing I know, Cullen's bitten three holes in his tortilla to make a perfect mask to fit his face.  He's holding it up to face growling and smiling through it.

Andrew and I are doing are best not to laugh.  I didn't want to encourage him to play with his food because we've been trying to curb playing at dinner.  Especially with food, but I had to admit it was really funny.  I had to turn my face away and cover my mouth because I was not doing a good job not laughing.  Andrew finally composed himself enough to say, "Cullen eat your dinner.  Don't play with it."

Cullen was so proud of himself for figuring out he could make a tortilla mask out of dinner.  I'm glad the kid has imagination.  I'm just over the whole playing with his food phase.

No comments:

Post a Comment