Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Eye Surgery and Teeth

Summer is keeping me a lot busier than usual.  Jackson and Cullen are going to summer preschool, and I have Sawyer home with me.  It just seems a lot more hectic than my normal chaotic life lately.  Probably has to do with all the doctor's appointments, surgery, and the heat.

Sawyer went back to the eye doctor last week.  After discussing his glasses and the progress of his eyes, he needs surgery.  The doctor and I talked about the surgery and what it entails, plus the risks.  It is important Sawyer has the surgery sooner rather than later, so his vision will develop as normally as possible.  Without it, he could have permanent vision problems the rest of his life.

Surgery is set for August 13 on both eyes.  It will be an outpatient procedure.  We are having it at the same center Jackson and Cullen had their surgeries.  I wonder if they have a special, buy 2 surgeries get the 3rd free!  That would be awesome, but I somehow feel the medical feel would not comply with my idea.

The doctor will be realigning the muscles attached to his eyes in different spots as to correct his cross eyes.  I'm ready for it to be done, so we can move on with the process.  I know this is only one step in a series of many long steps, but at least we are now taking another step forward.

On another note, Sawyer has finally cut his two bottom teeth.  He's been drooling and chewing on things for what seems like forever.  His teeth cut through a day ago.  My littlest man is growing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment