Tuesday, June 18, 2013

T-shirt Quilt

A couple of months ago I was cleaning out my drawers for my annual cleaning.  After going through my second t-shirt drawer (yes, I have 2), I noticed how many college t-shirts I still had.  Unwilling to get rid of them for the memories they hold, but not really wearing them anymore, I remembered hearing about a t-shirt quilt company.

After looking in the back of my Rachel Ray magazine, I found the company I was looking for, Campus Quilts.  I went to the Internet site trying to find out the specifics.  I got very excited about this idea, and Andrew and I decided to pool all of our old college t-shirts.

Here is the end result.  I'm amazed  how well this turned out.  I almost wish I never would have gotten rid of the dozens of other shirts I had collected over the years working for various Campus Recreation departments.  I probably could have made a king size if I would have kept them all, but alas I didn't.  Regardless, this is a 6x6 square quilt, each square being around 19 inches.

Isn't it pretty awesome?!  I have a gorgeous quilt with a ton of memories and clean drawers!


1 comment:

  1. Love it! What a great idea. Love, Missy

    ReplyDelete