Thursday, February 13, 2014

And I'm done...

I am done with this pregnancy.  I am done with feeling huge, having my hips ache, bracing myself (physically and mentally) to get up and down, and just done.

I know you are probably thinking I should quit my whining.  I'm almost to the end of the road.  I just need to suck it up and put on a happy face until birth.

No.  Nope. Nada.

Any woman who has been pregnant can tell you it is not all sunshine daisies and roses at the end.  It's just not.

I'm running around after 3 other children.  None of my clothes are comfortable any more, not even my maternity stuff.  I would rather just walk around in yoga pants, workout gear, and my husband's shirts because that's really the only thing I'm comfortable wearing.  Which I do when no one else will see me.

Sitting down is great until I have to get up.  It takes the effort of lifting the Titanic in order to get up from a chair, and a lot of the times I'm having to sit on the ground to play with the kids.  My hips ache if I sit too long; my hips ache if I stand too long.

I bruised my ribs from a combination of sneezing, the stomach bug, and Cassidy constantly kicking me.  It hurts to pull, push, lift, and basically do anything that moves the section around my ribs and rib cage.  Sleeping on them is nearly impossible.  And yet, I have to pick up Sawyer several times throughout the day, climb in and out of the car, and play tee ball with Jackson and Cullen.

I've kept up with exercising 3 days a week throughout my entire pregnancy, but even that is getting harder and harder to do.  And it's always funny, the looks I get at the gym.  Some people look at me as though I'm nuts for working out.  While others stare, ready for me to push the baby out at any moment.

I'm almost to the end, but still not close enough.  Cassidy is snug inside at 35 weeks and continues to grow.  I'm all belly as the doctor says.  In a few weeks, my only little girl will be here with her three older brothers.  These last few weeks should prove to be an interesting combination of me still trying to perform all my motherly duties and being dead tired on my feet.

Almost there... almost there... almost there.

No comments:

Post a Comment