Thursday, February 6, 2014

The Stomach Bug Hits

Monday afternoon a stomach virus hit our house hard.  It was an all out battle and the virus definitely won hands down.

Cullen fell out of ranks a little after 1530hrs when I found out the cupcake he ate at school was red.  Red all over my bedroom carpet and me.  I spent over an hour cleaning the mess and him up before Andrew was able to make it home.

I finally got Cullen settled on the couch when at 1730hrs Jackson looks at me saying, "I'm going to throw up."  I pick him up and haul ass to our downstairs bathroom.  We make it to the doorway when Jackson loses it.  Thankfully, Andrew was home and offered to clean up that mess.  I get another trashcan out and put it by the sofa.

In the meantime, Cullen loses it again.  I find out he has a serious diversion to throwing up in a trashcan and toilet.  He just wants to lose it wherever suits him.  Andrew and I are not digging this idea at all.

Jackson and Cullen alternate emptying their stomach contents for the rest of the evening.

I, on the other hand, lose my contents at 1830hrs in front of the whole family.  And about 5 minutes after I'm done, I'm comforting Jackson who is at it again.

Andrew and I finally get the boys down for an early bedtime after we're pretty sure they are done.

I decide to go to bed early because I'm still not feeling well.  I proceed to empty my stomach, pass out, wake up in agony, and empty my stomach.  This cycle goes on every hour until about 0100hrs.  Poor Andrew is right there with me taking care of me the whole time.  Best husband in the world!

Let me say, getting a stomach virus and being 34 weeks pregnant is not fun.  I was in pure misery the entire time.  I'm not only sick, but an dealing with the aches and pains of the third trimester overly emphasized because I'm sick.

I was practically bed ridden the next day.  Andrew took care of our other two refugees out in the family room.  We were not a happy household.

Thankfully, everyone is pretty much better.  Andrew hasn't come down with anything.  I am still lacking a lot of energy, but I have a parasite syphoning it off like a drug.  I'm just happy the kids are feeling better even if I'm not at 100 percent.  I do not want to go through this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment