Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Sawyer the Klepto strikes again!

Andrew and I decided to turn in early last night.  Yes, we are turning into two tired old people who would rather lay in bed and relax for the last hour or so of our day.  It was also a long day.

As I'm brushing my teeth and washing my face, I hear Andrew rummaging around out in the bedroom.

"Where's the remote?" he asked.

"Not sure. Check under the bed.  Sawyer was in here while I was taking a shower.  He almost lost my lip gloss again.  I'm sure its around," I stated.

After successfully finding the remote under a pile of clothes (Sawyer had indeed decided to play with it), I still hear Andrew looking for something.  Come to find out, he couldn't find his PlayStation controller.

He is tearing up the bedroom, pulling clothes out of the hamper, turning over the dog bed, checking every drawer in the bathroom, and starts checking the entire downstairs.  I finish up in the bathroom and start helping him look.

We tear apart the bedroom, bathroom, study, living room, dining room, the unpacked boxes still hanging around (yes, I still have unpacked boxes), and the controller is nowhere to be found.  We check under the couches and in the Lego box because Sawyer recently took to taking the mouse from the computer and hiding it in those places.  Still nothing.

Andrew's getting frustrated, and I'm just flat out tired.  As much as it pains me, I was actually glad Sawyer decided to hide something of Andrew's instead of mine.  Sad to say, but I've been the victim way too many times.

I crawl into bed to finally relax because this has been going on for about 20 minutes.  After another few minutes, I had an epiphany!

"Andrew, check the pantry!  I remember coming out of the bathroom this morning and finding a GoGo Squeeze Applesauce on your nightstand.  I thought it was odd and figured Sawyer must have done it," I say while walking into the kitchen to check the pantry myself.

We both reach the pantry at the same time.  Andrew opens the door, goes into the GoGo Squeeze box, and voila!  Pulls out his PlayStation controller!

He and I both start laughing at the ridiculousness of the entire situation.  Sawyer the Klepto has struck again!

"You couldn't have remembered that 20 minutes ago when I started looking for it?" Andrew states.

"I needed time for my mind to relax and process all the information," I said, "Quit your complaining.  You would never have found it if I hadn't remembered that minor detail of my day."

We both had a good laugh about the whole thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment