Monday, March 24, 2014

Little Sister Questions

The questions were going to come.  I knew it.  Andrew knew it.  We were just wondering how long it would take for the first one to be asked.

It didn't take long.

The boys have noticed girls are different in a whole new way.

Seeing as they walk in on me all the time when I'm using the bathroom or in the shower, they have noticed Mommy is not like them.  I've been asked where is my penis and why don't I have one many times.  I've simple told them I am a girl and a girl doesn't have a penis.  Somewhere in the depths of my mind, I thought they had put two and two together.  Mommy is a girl and doesn't have one, and Cassidy is a girl so she won't have one either.  I was wrong.

The questions are quite amusing.

"Where is Cassidy's penis?"

"Did it fall off?"

"Why doesn't she have a penis?"

"How does she go the potty if she doesn't have a penis?"

"Cassidy is a girl.  She doesn't have a penis.  She has a butt."

"If Cassidy doesn't have a penis, what is it?"

And Andrew's and mine's favorite by far is:
"Did the hospital cut Cassidy's penis off?" Cullen asked two days after we came home from the hospital.  Andrew and I both had to turn away and laugh over our shoulders while trying to answer this one.

It has been funny and entertaining as the questions keep coming.  I answer honestly using the correct anatomical terms.  Better they know the correct name than some made up name.  Looks like Cassidy and I will be making bath time separate from her brothers when she's old enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment