Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Welcome Baby Cassidy!

Our first little girl decided to grace us with her presence last weekend.  Cassidy Marie was born Saturday, March 8 at 9:06pm.  She weighed 7lb 12oz and was 19 inches.

Labor and delivery were normal for me.  I started feeling irregular contractions Saturday morning.  My lower back had been really hurting since Friday afternoon.  I figured she was getting ready to make her appearance soon, and I was correct.  I went to the hospital around 3:45pm and was admitted.

After my wonderful epidural, a nurse broke my water, and I continued laboring for about 3 more hours.  At one point, the doctor came in to see how I was doing and feel my belly.  Nothing makes you cringe like having the doctor say, "You've got a big one in there."  I knew she was going to be big.  And she didn't' disappoint.  I gave one big push and Cassidy was born.

Jackson, Cullen, and Sawyer have all taken to her very well.  Jackson loves holding her, and Sawyer is always trying to switch pacifiers with her.  Cullen likes pointing out she is a girl and his sister.

I've been home since Monday early afternoon.  Andrew and I are adjusting to the new level of chaos a newborn, 16 month old, 3 year old, and 4 year old bring to our home.  We are catching sleep when we can and trying to keep everyone on a schedule of sorts.

A new journey has started for our family with having a baby girl.  I'm sure it will prove to be interesting since this is a first for all of us.

Thank you for all the well wishes and congratulations!  We appreciate them all!






No comments:

Post a Comment