Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Life is hectic

Since summer has started, life has been hectic and crazy.

I finally have Jackson and Cullen back in preschool three days a week for two months.  Jackson is doing great in his Kinder Ready program.  He's gotten very good at reading and sounding words out phonetically.  His writing is improving, and he's enjoying learning addition.  Crazy child constantly asked me addition tables.  Thank goodness my math skills haven't been tested as of yet.  As soon as he goes past algebra, I'm passing him off to Andrew.  It just not my area of expertise.

Cullen is constantly asking what letter every word starts with.  I know he's just picking it up from Jackson, but the barrage of questions gets a little old after awhile.  Cullen is enjoying is preschool class and all of the art activities.  If this kids could paint every day, he would.  I probably would let him too if I didn't have to constantly chase Sawyer away from the table and listen to the screaming, "AH!  No Sawyer!  Mom!"  Cullen is my dirt child as well.  He loves digging and finding bugs and shells.  He even caught a lizard not too long ago.  When he goes outside, I always find him in the dirt area behind the swing set digging up rolly pollies.

As for the younger two, Sawyer is quite happy to play with his cars, and Cassidy is just trying to survive.  Sawyer is still my sweet snuggler, most of the time.  He likes to cause trouble and get his two older brothers riled up by grabbing toys and running off as quick as he can.  He is a quick little man.

Cassidy is still my sweet little girl.  She loves to smile and coo.  And of course, she loves to be held which is a hard task for me to do a lot of the time.  I just don't have enough time and hands to hold her and take care of 3 other children.

As for me, I'm hanging in there.  My kids are alive, breathing, being fed, and aren't causing any harm to society.  I must be doing something right.  I have been recovering from a partially torn muscle the past couple of weeks.  I partially tore my left oblique by awkwardly picking up Cullen one Friday night.  I haven't been in that much pain even during labor.  Talk about a new experience.  I ended up having to be taken to an urgent clinic after a few days because I couldn't function.  Andrew was a wonderful husband through it all.  He took a couple of days off of work to allow me to rest and recover.

We have just been busy.  Jackson and Cullen are in swim lessons and will continue with them through next month.  Andrew has hit a very busy period at work and has been working at night.  As with everything else, I just pray for patience and solitude.  Yes, I look forward to some solitude even though I have no idea when it will come.

As for a little humor, Cullen came up behind me the other day and said, "Look Mom, I'm big and strong!" while flexing his muscles.

"Yes, you are."

"I'm going to pick up you," he said then wrapped his arms around my legs.  Of course, he grunted then tried to lift me off the ground and said "You're heavy, Mom," then ran off.

"Thanks," I muttered.  I told Andrew this story when he got home, and what does he do?  He laughs and laughs.  I might need to work on this.




No comments:

Post a Comment