Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Good and Bad

Yesterday was just one of those days.  It started out good then went bad.

As I was cleaning up the kitchen from breakfast, I hear Jackson singing.  He's not just singing any song.  He's singing Journey!  My oldest was singing Journey's 'Don't Stop Believin'.  I had to stop and do a double take to make sure I heard it correctly.  Yes, I did.  I was so ridiculously proud of my child singing a Journey song and not some other stupid childhood song.  I felt like I was doing something truly good in raising my children because of that single moment.

After nap time, my day went oh so wrong.  I decided to take the boys to the pool because they had been pretty good.  Andrew and I took to the pool twice this weekend, and I was confident I could handle them.  I'm hurrying up trying to get everyone dressed in order to give us a good hour before we needed to come back.  I had everyone in their suits and ready to be coated with sunscreen when it happened.  I went for the pool bag when I realized Andrew has the pool key on his key ring.  There was absolutely no way for us to go because I couldn't even get us in the gate.

I had to break the news to the kids, who were super excited.  Jackson and Cullen were not happy.  There may or may no have been tears shed.  I felt horrible about it.  I got everyone all worked up and excited, and I couldn't take them.  In order to get back on their good side, I bribed them with slushies and french fries from Sonic.  And now, I have the pool key on my key ring.

Here's a picture I took of the boys when we were at the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment