Friday, June 20, 2014

I felt like Super Mom!

Yesterday, a very rare and unnatural occurrence happened at my house.  All 4 of my kids took a nap at the same time for 50 minutes!

After having to put Cullen back in his room twice, I had 50 minutes of blessed silence!

I didn't know what to do with myself.  This never happens!  I mean never happens.  I am so used to constant noise, bickering, fighting, laughing, someone asking me a question, or just general noise from children playing.

So, what did I do with my blessed 50 minutes of silence?  Nothing.  Absolutely nothing.  Okay, I'll admit I did use the bathroom by myself without interruption.  That, in and of itself, was golden.

It was wonderful!

And all to soon, I had to go get Cassidy for her mid afternoon feeding.

But for those 50 blessed minutes of silence when I realized all four children where going to sleep at the same time, I felt like Super Mom.  Pretty much because I accomplished a task that is near impossible, and I don't know if it will ever happen again.

And of course as I am writing this, Sawyer decided to run off with a cable or two form the desk.  He hit me with a piece of foam.  Cassidy is crying because Sawyer decided to use her as a floor mat, and Cassidy rolled over for the first time.  The only reason I wasn't interrupted by the other two is because they're at preschool.  That's life.

And to keep with the super hero theme, I present Batman.

No comments:

Post a Comment