Monday, December 8, 2014

A few staples in the head later....

Another trip to Urgent Care happened.
 
Cullen jumped off the kitchen counter he was sitting on.  He didn't quite make it far enough away, and his head hit the granite.  Granite versus Head.  Granite comes out the winner!
 
Andrew and I didn't realize he had cut his head open at first.  "Oh Shit!  He's bleeding!  He's bleeding!" was the first thing I heard.  I looked and saw a waterfall of blood coming out.  I know the head bleeds a lot, but I always forget how much until I have to deal with it.  I grabbed paper towels and slammed them to the back of his head.  He bled through those, so I had to get some more.  It took us a little while, but we finally got the bleeding to stop.  When I finally got a good look at the cut, I knew immediately he needed stitches.  I was hoping they would glue him back together, but it wasn't an option.
 
The Urgent Care place was right around the corner, so Cullen and I headed over.  The doctors and nurses were really nice, took us straight back, and starting getting things ready.  The doctor said she would have to staple it shut.  Luckily, you couldn't see bone, but you could see the start of the fatty later under the skin.  Poor Cullen had to be strapped down so they could numb it, clean it, then put 3 staples in his head.  He cried, but he really was so good.  I am very proud of how brave he was.  The worst part was he didn't like to be strapped down which I understood.
 
Cullen will get the staples removed on Saturday.  He hasn't had any problems and calls it his 'Master Boo-boo'.  I hope I do not get intimately acquainted with Urgent Care, but with my kids, I have a feeling it might happen.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. You're lucky to have Urgent Care nearby! My kid fell and hit his head on a rock while we were hiking. He had a big jagged cut on the back of his head. We were at least five miles away from the truck, so I just put my sweaty headband on it. It did the trick until I could get him to the Emergency Room.

    ReplyDelete