Friday, January 16, 2015

Had a Rough Week... Me too

hahaha...oh lord, I love me some good ol' southern quotes!
Or week in my case.

It has been a rough week.  It's what I call a Craptastic Week.  Yes, I made up that word.

Last Saturday, I woke up sounding like a chain smoker.  I was hacking, coughing, and my voice sounded as though someone took a sandblaster to my vocal cords.  Then, Jackson ended up getting sick in the afternoon.  He and I were pretty miserable Saturday.  On Sunday, Jackson was feeling much better.  I, on the other hand, still sounded horrible.

Tuesday night, after giving the kids a bath, Andrew and I heard a constant static noise.  At first we thought it was one of the kids' toys.  It sounded like a train running or one of the walkie talkies was left on.  After realizing the noise was coming from the attic, Andrew went to go check it out to find our hot water heater spewing from the bolt on top.  And it wouldn't turn off, even after he released the pressure valve and turned the hot water heater off.  It still kept on coming.  It wasn't a little either.  This was a strong constant flow.  Andrew eventually had to turn the water off the house in order to avoid a flood.  My dad came over to see if he could help repair it, but it was a goner.  Both our water heaters kicked the bucket after 16 years.  Wednesday, we had a plumber come over and replace both hot water heaters.  The plumber couldn't even believe how much water was spewing from the heater when he turned the water back on.  It was a long day.  The plumbers didn't even finish it all, and they left our house just before 7pm.  They had to come back Thursday to finish it up, but they at least left us with hot water.  It seriously hurt our pocket book, but it had to be done.  We needed water in the house.

Recently, Andrew and I have been in a turf war (for lack of better words) with the home builders behind us.  According to our deed and title, our property ends at the barb wire fence in the back.  The home builder is claiming it ends 3-4 feet in front of the fence on our side.  We've been fighting them for a couple of week about putting a fence up.  Our title company has lawyers on the issue, but the home builder decided to put the fence up anyway before everything is figured out.  Needless to say, Andrew and I are not happy about it.  Plus if our deed and title are wrong, we are both beyond angry.  We are hoping to have something figured out soon, but with lawyers involved, you never know.  Anyway, I now have a fence in our backyard where I didn't want a fence.  Please pray for us in this regard because this is not something we wanted to deal with this year.

On top of all this, I've been sick all week.  My voice is slowly starting to get better.  Today is the first day where I sound almost normal.  I've been hacking up a lung every morning to the point where I really do feel like I will cough up a lung at any moment.

Yes, it's been a craptastic, rough week.  I will be having a glass (or three) of wine tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment