Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Time is Fleeting

As of late, I've become a bit nostalgic.

Maybe it's because I've slowly been giving away baby clothes that I've had for years (and used for three baby boys).  Maybe because Cassidy is turning 1 in two weeks, and I know she's my last.  No more pregnancies and babies for me.  Whether or not you believe me, trust me.  If I was going to have another one, I'd be pregnant already.  And no, I'm not.  Maybe it's because Jackson is maturing so much from attending school and knowing he'll be six this year, more than a whole hand.

Ttime keeps on going whether or not I'm ready for it.  Some days I wish I could stop time to savor the moment.  Other days, 5 minutes seems like 2 hours.  Time never stops.  It just keeps on truckin'.

All my babies are growing up.  Regardless if I'm ready for them too or not.  One day the snuggles will be gone.  The sweet sound of 'Mommy' and 'Mama' will be replaced with a frustrated and annoyed 'Ma' or 'Mom.'  The sweet smell of baby will turn into the putrid smell of boy BO (yea, I'm not looking forward to that!).  Hormones will come into play. Growth spurts will shoot them up taller than me.  And one day, they'll figure out how old I actually am.  Mom won't be cool.  I'll have no one to dance crazy with me in the living room.  I'll miss the random hugs, kisses and 'I love you Mom!'

Until then, I need to sit back and enjoy the ride.  Raising kids is not for the faint of heart.  It's hard work, and most days I question my sanity when making the choice to give them life.  But, those glorious moments where they hug you and say,"I love you, Mom" make it worth all the effort.

So I'm capturing those small, fleeting moments of childhood in pictures.  Not the big cheesy smile pictures, but real life moments.  The playing with dirt in the backyard.  The Lego trucks and guys.  The sweet pictures of my children asleep and still.  The random play moments.  The companionship of one another.  The bound of brotherhood.  The overprotective, big brother moments with their sister (yes, it's already started!).  I want those moments.  I want to be able to look back (and have my kids look back) and remember those sweet moments of childhood which is the reason I pick up my camera everyday.

I can't stop time.  I can't keep them from growing up.  But, what I can do is capture a moment and memory that I (and my kids) will forever cherish.  So here a few moments that always make me smile.









No comments:

Post a Comment