Friday, June 19, 2015

Rough Start to Summer

So you know the feelings you get right before summer starts?  The anticipation of sleeping in.  The joy of not having a strict schedule to comply with.  The happiness of knowing the stress level recedes by a multiplier of 10 in the summer.  You know what I'm talking about?

Yea, those feelings blew up in my face starting last week.

The summer is supposed to be easier... right?  So far, not mine.

I'll start at the beginning.  First week, Jackson gets sick.  He starts showing the signs of a cold and Conjunctivitis Sunday afternoon.  Monday morning, he wakes up with full blown pink eye and a fever of 101.5.  Off to the pediatrician we go.  We get some antibiotics for his eye, and I'm told to bring him back if his throat starts hurting him.  Thursday rolls around, Jackson's pink eye is looking better, but he's been running a fever all week and now decides to tell me his throat hurts.  Friday morning, Andrew brings him back to the doctor's office so they can run a strep culture (which thankfully came back negative).  Now, he developed a nasty cough Wednesday, still has fever Friday morning, and I've had a sick kid all week.  Yea (written with sarcasm font).  His fever finally breaks Friday, but he's still slow and go the next weekend.

This royally screwed up all my careful planning.  Jackson was supposed to start swim lessons that Monday morning, but I wasn't about to let him go infect other children.  I had to call our Parks and Recreation office and transfer him to a later class in the summer.  Then, he was supposed to have a dental check up that week.  I had to call and reschedule that appointment as well.

On top of all of this, Cassidy had her well check the first week.  Sawyer's glasses came.  Cullen started swim lessons in the evenings, and Jackson and Cullen have started taking Tae Kwon Do lessons.  I'm running a tight ship with classes, doctor's appointments, random sicknesses, plus every day stuff which needs to be done.

This whole idea of relaxing and having a less frantic schedule has avoided me.  I'm busier now than I was during the school year!  This is nuts!

I'm hoping things will calm down now.  Jackson is better (although upset his swim lessons had to be moved).  He'll be attending Vacation Bible School at our church next week.  Cullen and Sawyer are attending summer preschool for June and July.  Cassidy is along for the ride most of the time.

So all good plans must come to and end.  Mine just crash, explode, and burn to smithereens!

No comments:

Post a Comment