Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Blog Neglect and a Crazy Summer

I've completely been neglecting my blog.  My only excuse is how busy I have been lately.  I'm not talking about 'Oh, it's summer and I want to spend every waking moment at the pool' crazy.  I have a special kind of crazy.

It's call the summer from hell crazy.  And it's not even the fun kind.

June was the worst.  Jackson got sick, then Cassidy got sick.  Cullen and Sawyer both came down with ear infections.  And Cassidy then graced us with pink eye.

Then I got sick.  On Father's Day, I woke up with my throat on fire.  I can't even explain had bad I felt about being sick on Father's Day.  It didn't get any better for the rest of the week.  Two days later, I woke up with pink.  I can't even tell you how long it's been since I've had pink eye.  I had to have been in elementary school.  I looked like Darth Maul for 3 days sans the makeup.  I felt as though my eyes were constantly being scraped with sand paper.  On top of that, I had to bleach my entire house while sick.  I had to go to the urgent care clinic to get antibiotic drops.  The Dr. then saw my throat and all the crap that came out of it decided to put me on oral antibiotics too.  He said I had an upper respiratory infection and a good possibility of having strep throat as well.  I was loaded up on pharmaceutical meds and OTC meds.

The sickness knocked me down for almost two weeks.  Andrew and my mom were life savers with helping pick up the slack with the kids.  I still had to take them to swim lessons and Tae Kwon Do, but my mom was nice enough to take Jackson to Vacation Bible School.

Since June is finally over, I was looking forward to July calming down.  That didn't happen.  July is just as busy, minus the illnesses.

Jackson is finishing up swim lessons tomorrow.  Cullen and Sawyer are at preschool until the end of the month, and Cassidy is being taken everywhere her brothers go.  Tae Kwon Do lessons are still in full swing.  The boys are earning their stripes on their white belts.  Sawyer really wants to join a class, but he's still too young.  He patiently sits and waits very closely watching his brothers' classes.  He even practices at home with them.  It's quite cute!

It's crazy to think it is mid July.  I was hoping summer would be fun with no school schedules, but I swear I've been busier now than when school is going.

And on a side note, I've launched my photography website at Emily Ingalls Photography.  I have a Facebook Page too!  Give me a Like if you get a chance!  I feel so official and professional.  I'll keep you updated on what my plan is.  It's still a work in progress, but I'm just happy I'm making progress!

To a little slower summer and no one else becoming sick!

No comments:

Post a Comment