Thursday, September 6, 2012

Pregnancy is chuggin' along and along and along...

I'm now 29 weeks pregnant.  I am officially in my last trimester of pregnancy, and I am definitely ready for it to be over.  Unfortunately, I still have plenty of time for this baby boy to keep cooking until he's done.

Recap of my first and second trimester.

First Trimester
I had 13 long weeks of morning, day and night sickness.  Oh yes, this baby did not was to discriminate and made me sick all day long.  It tapered off to just morning sickness at 13 weeks and finally withdrew its hold on me completely around 16 weeks.  There's nothing like waking your husband up on a Saturday morning by running into the bathroom to let go.  And let's not forget two children racing after you to make sure "Mommy is ok."  I was more than happy to pass this stage up.  I also started showing early since it is my third pregnancy.  Andrew swears I wasn't showing, but I could feel the difference in how my clothes were fitting.  I also was exhausted every day and night.  I actually fell asleep during the kids nap time to be woken up by someone crying or someone crawling onto a chair with me quite a few times.

Second Trimester
After the morning sickness, I started to slowly get my energy back.  As Andrew likes to say, I get bursts of energy that propel me to do a lot of stuff I haven't been able to in a couple of days span. Then that energy dissipates, and I crash hard. I wake up pretty much with zero energy for a day or two.  I'm compelled to rest, then the cycle starts over again.  Gotta love pregnancy (insert sarcasm here).  I really started to show some time during this trimester.  I had a couple of people blatantly notice probably about 22/23 weeks.  I pulled out some of my maternity clothes during this trimester.

Now I'm in the third and last trimester.  I had my glucose test last week which is not as bad as people make it out to be.  You either drink a pint of orange (which tastes just like Sunkist) or red (which tastes like someone make KoolAid wrong), wait an hour, then get blood drawn.  I'm not sure why so many people complain about it.  It has never bothered me.

I'm definitely ready for the last few weeks to fly by quickly.

My biggest worry has nothing to do with the pregnancy or labor.  I'm worried about when I go into labor what we are going to do with Jackson and Cullen.  It worked out great last time with Cullen, but what if doesn't work out this time?  What if I go into labor in the middle of the night or at a even more inconvenient time?  Its not like I can call a family member because we don't live by any.  Everyone I know works.  It's just scary to think about.  I really want Andrew to be there with me, and he does too.  I'm hoping and praying it will all work out.

I kind of have to get to the hospital quickly seeing as I gave birth to Cullen almost 4 hours to the minute after my water broke.  As my brother so kindly put it, "Haul ass to the hospital Emily.  This one is gonna come fast!"  Why thank you Matt!  I appreciate your bluntness.  I will be hauling ass to the hospital when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment