Friday, September 14, 2012

Soccer Lessons

Andrew and I decided to get Jackson involved in sports lessons.  Since most leagues start at the age of 5, I went looking for what was offered for toddlers.  I found a couple of different options, but in the end decided on soccer lessons.  I always had fun playing soccer and it teaches team play.  Jackson had his first 'practice' on Wednesday.  It is a class of 3-5 year olds. 

It was quite amusing watching these kids run around a small field kicking a soccer ball.  Mass chaos, but at least the kids were moving around, learning motor skills, and enjoying themselves.  I'm pretty sure Jackson is one of the youngest in the class, but he did listen and pay attention.  Cullen was desperate to join in too, so we had to keep heading him off before he ran onto the field.  Next practice I have to remember to bring Cullen his own soccer ball, so at least he can kick a ball around with Andrew and I.  I did remember to bring folding chairs, so I could sit down (go me!).  Here are a few pictures from practice.



No comments:

Post a Comment