Tuesday, January 28, 2014

First Crush

It seems Jackson has his first little crush.  So sweet and innocent are the days of the young.

I've noticed for the past few weeks Jackson goes out of his way to tell a certain little girl named Shayla in his preschool class goodbye every day.  He also talks about them playing together along with other kids.  I was pretty sure what was going on, but actually had complete confirmation last night.

Jackson was telling Andrew about his day at preschool and kept mentioning Shayla's name.  I looked at Andrew and said, "I'm pretty sure your son has his first crush on a little girl named Shayla."

Ever the skeptic, Andrew wasn't completely convinced until he remembered a conversation he had alone with Jackson last week.

On his way to gymnastics class, Jackson asked Andrew, "Daddy, when you love someone you buy them a gift right?"

"Sure son," Andrew replied completely confused, "Do you want to buy someone a gift?"

"Oh no, she's going to buy me a gift!" Jackson said with absolute confidence.

Andrew had no idea what was going on until he put two and two together after my crush revelation.

I asked where he would get the idea of buying someone he loves a gift.  Andrew could only guess it was when he came home a little early one day after I was having a bad day.  He took the kids to HEB and bought flowers for me.  Cullen and Jackson each presented me with a small bouquet of flowers when they came home.  It was really sweet!

After I was told about this conversation, I was in near hysterics.  How cute is that?!  Jackson has so much confidence in his little crush.  It is pretty darn adorable!

Now I have to teach him, yes, it is good to buy a girl a gift every now and then.  We like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment