Friday, March 23, 2012

Fishing for Hidden Treasure

Yesterday, Jackson was on the potty doing his business.  I always close the door until there is a sliver of a crack to give him privacy and say, "Call for me when you're done."  Jackson's call came, and I answered (what a diligent mom I am!).

He kept pointing to the toilet water saying, "Look!"  What I expected to see in the toilet water was not there.  Upon further pointing and inspection, I found what Jackson was pointing to.  A Matchbox car.  Yes, he had dropped a Matchbox car into the potty.  "Okay, I can get this out", I thought.

As I'm gearing up to stick my hand in the toilet, Jackson decided to pee.  Great!  Before I only had to think and imagine the water was clean.  Now, I saw the reality of sticking my hand into dirty toilet water to get his Matchbox car out before it accidentally got flushed and clogged the toilet.

"I got this," I said to myself.  I plunged my hand in and successfully retrieved the car!  Whoop!  Next thing on the agenda, sterilizing my hand and the car.

Later that night, I'm recounting this story to Andrew when we hear a thud followed by crying.  Andrew and I turn around to find Cullen (who was sitting in the container holding the wooden blocks) had fallen over and gotten stuck within the container.  Being the good parents we are, we start laughing.  After a few seconds, I compose myself enough to go retrieve Cullen out from under the blocks.  He was fine, but we got a good laugh out of it.

Today's Lesson: When life gives you a car in a toilet, go fishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment