Tuesday, March 20, 2012

What's that Mommy?

Yesterday morning, I woke up early to shower and get dressed.  Jackson had preschool, and I had errands to run.  I wanted to start functioning earlier than the boys to get things running smoothly.

I was standing at my sink getting ready when Jackson walked into my bathroom with a warm smile saying, "Morning Mommy!"  I was turning around to see him when my towel fell off.  No big deal.

I was right until Jackson got this look of confusion on his face pointed to a specific area of my body and said, "What's that Mommy?  Where's your Jackson? What's that?!"

Trying not to laugh and covering up, I took the Kindergarten Cop approach to answering the question.  Love that movie!  I figured honesty was the best policy.  I looked at him and said, "Boys have a penis, and girls have a vagina.  Mommy's a girl, and you are a boy."  Of course I went through a little explanation of this as best as I could for a two year old.  Jackson just continued with his confused look.  Eventually, he decided he was bored with his twenty question game and took off to play.

I knew this day was coming.  I knew one day he would walk in on me and be mortified or start with the questions.  I just assumed I had a little more time.  Apparently, I was wrong.

Albeit during this whole conversation, Andrew was hanging out just outside the bathroom door, eating his breakfast, and trying not to laugh.  When I saw him, all I could thing was, "Isn't this his job to explain?"

Welcome to the wonderful world of parenting where awkward questions are all abound!

No comments:

Post a Comment