Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Get back here!

Yesterday, we had lawn guys come to aerate the lawn.  After the scorcher last summer and two kids trampling the lawn, our lawn needed a little TLC.

It was later in the afternoon when they arrived.  The guys needed to mark our sprinklers so they wouldn't be damaged.  I brought the dogs and kids inside.  I was in the backyard picking up the few toys left.  I had just finished and come inside.  I realized I had left my and the boys' water on the back porch.  I opened the back door to grab them, and Thibie darted out at a full run.

I immediately start running after her down the back porch stairs.  I see one of the guys in the backyard, and it strikes me the back gate is open.  Thibie is running, turns the corner, and races through the gate into the front yard.  I'm hauling ass after her praying she doesn't run in the street.  All the while I'm screaming, "Thibie get back here now!"

As I'm getting ready to turn the corner to run through the gate, I hear the sprinklers coming on.  I get sprayed dead center in the chest and legs by the sprinkler right by the back gate.  Of course they turn on that specific zone as I'm running through it to get the dog!  Damn dog is the only thought going through my mind.

Thibie runs into the front yard, then takes a hard left in front of the house.  I'm still running after her, but she decides to stop and smell the mulch Andrew just put down in the front garden.  I stop and yell, "Thibie get inside now!"  Luckily, Thibie has the fear of god in her when in comes to me.  She runs to the front door which I open.

One of the lawn guy is in my garage operating the sprinkler system.  He says with a huge grin on his face while chuckling, "Got away from you?"

"Yep," is about all I process at the time.

I was too pissed at the dog to be embarrassed.  Not only did I have a marathon sprint, but I probably looked like a fool.  I'm sure I gave the guys a nice story to bring back and tell their coworkers.

Nothing like running after a dog while getting sprayed by your own sprinkler system to start my week off right!

No comments:

Post a Comment