Thursday, November 8, 2012

Adjusting to a New Baby

If you've ever brought a new baby home, you are well aware of the adjustment period the entire household goes through.  Our household is no different.  Andrew and I are trying to keep Jackson and Cullen's schedule as normal as possible while still taking care of Sawyer.

Jackson has been great with Sawyer.  He loves sitting with him on the floor and sharing his toys.  He knows to be gentle.  Its nice because when Cullen was born Jackson could have cared less.  Its good to see the evidence he has grown up some.

Cullen, on the other hand, is a typical two year old.  He constantly calls Sawyer 'the baby' and always tells me where the baby is.  Unfortunately, he's also given me a run for my money the past few days.  I found him twice in the crib with Sawyer after he had crawled in.  I about had a heart attack.  I walked away from Cullen for 30 seconds which was all it took for him to run into the bedroom and climb into the crib.  And lifting Cullen out of the crib just four days postpartum takes a lot more effort than you can imagine.  Cullen also likes to get up close and personal with Sawyer, and we keep reminding him to be gentle and no poking!

Life as we know is constantly changing, and we are trying to just go with the flow.

 
 
I'm trying to post a picture of Sawyer close up, but for some reason its not downloading properly.  I'll keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment