Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Dressed and Ready for Bed (kinda)

Last week, we were all getting ready for bed after bath time.  Andrew was doing something in the kitchen, so I was getting the boys dressed for bed.  I was in Cullen's room putting his diaper and pajamas on when I shouted to Jackson to pick out a pair of underwear.

I go about continuing to wrestle Cullen down on the floor in order to get him dressed.  Next thing I know Jackson walks in the room and announces he dressed and ready for bed.  I'm elated!  He got himself dressed and ready for bed completely by himself.  Yes, I think, progress!

Then I turn around and see how he's dressed.  He has his fleece winter hat and gloves on.  That's it.  Completely buck naked, but his hands and head will be warm.

Right then, Andrew walks into Cullen's room and sees this as well.  We just both bust up laughing.  Andrew asked if he picked out his outfit, and Jackson proudly says, "Yes!"  It was too funny of a sight not to laugh especially when we've had lack of sleep from bringing Sawyer home.

It seems like not matter what, at least one of our children will provide comic relief in our lives.  I'd rather laugh than cry any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment