Friday, July 26, 2013

Living with Sons

I was putting the boys lunches together today for their last day of preschool.  Our preschool closes for the month of August to give their teachers a much deserved break as well as prep for the new school year.

I had emptied yet another gallon of milk (because I swear we go through 3 a week) and left the jug on the kitchen table.  After hearing a child crying, one asking for help, and the other asking if his clothes match (yes, this is super important because my kids will at least be able to match their clothes even if they are boys), I was distracted.  I have no idea why I got distracted.  This is normal for me.

After averting a crying crisis with Sawyer who was upset the entire toy couldn't be shoved into his mouth, helping Cullen find his cowboy hat, and assuring Jackson his clothes did match today, I went back to packing backpacks and finding water bottles.

Next thing I know, Cullen is sitting at the kitchen table pouring the little remnants of the milk jug into a glass left on the kitchen table from last night filled with water.  It made this milky white concoction that looked chalky.

He looked up at me (obviously quite proud of himself) with a smug smile and said, "I like milk!"

Following this statement, he proceeded to drink his chalky concoction with a yum thrown in there for effect.

During this whole time, I just stared at him, like I was watching a bad movie, thinking, "That's just gross."

Cullen drank his milky goodness.  He's his father's son.

On aonther note, Jackson was walking back to the bathroom last night for bath time.  He was naked after shucking his swim trunks.

Right before he turned the hallway corner, he bends over grabs his butt and other male parts and says, "Look at this!  Look at me!"  He's laughing the entire time thinking this is the funniest thing ever while jiggling everything at Andrew and I.

Andrew and I are about 10 feet behind him talking.  At this event, we both stop talking watching this unfold.  At the end of it, Jackson laughs, turns the corner, and goes into the bathroom.

I turn to Andrew, "A girl would never do that!  That is a male thing, and a girl would never ever do it.  He doesn't get it from me; he gets it from you.  A girl would never do that!"

I turn to go get Sawyer dressed, and Andrew is standing there half staring at me, half laughing at me.

"A girl would never do that," I stated again just to make my point.

The things I put up living with 4 boys!

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!!! That is some funny s#@$!!! But Dominica loves running around the house naked screaming "look at my booty!"

    Missy

    ReplyDelete