Monday, July 15, 2013

Parents on Vacation!

I have an excuse on why I haven't written anything in awhile.  I was on vacation!  A child-free vacation!  Whoop!  Whoop!

Andrew and I went to Phoenix and Sedona for a few days last week while my Mom was kind enough to watch the kids.  My brother lives in Scottsdale, so we stayed with him before heading to Sedona.

Our vacation was wonderful and relaxing.  We did nothing but lounge by the pool reading and swimming all day long for one day.  I think I finally convinced Andrew we need several days like this at a resort for our next vacation.  And he agreed! A little sun, sunscreen, water and a good book was all that was needed.

Our next day, we drove to Sedona, which is about 2 hours away.  We stopped off at Montezuma's Castle to tour.  We arrived at our bed and breakfast early afternoon.  After getting settled in and hearing a speech about bringing our flashlight with us to look for scorpions and rattlesnakes, we headed out for a hike.  Our B&B sat right next to a few major Red Rocks which provided a gorgeous view.

Our hike went around Bell Rock.  We weren't able to go all the way around.  We had to head back so we wouldn't miss our Pink Jeep tour.  If you have never been to Sedona or Red Rock Country, I highly recommend going.  The views are beautiful.  There are a lot of trails to hike and outdoor things to do.  It truly is amazing.  Our Pink Jeep tour was 2 hours of greatness.  Our guide was hilarious which made the tour even more fun.  The views were spectacular since we drove up into the National Forest and were around 4000-4400ft up in elevation.  I'll post some pictures once I get them downloaded.

Friday, we took a detour back to Scottsdale through Jerome and a National Forest.  The drive was beautiful.  We drove through a dust storm and rain storm once we got back to Phoenix.  I've never seen a dust storm before.  It was very interesting watching in blow in from afar.  Once the storms past, we headed back down to the pool.  We had to live it up while we didn't have the kids.

I flew home on Saturday while Andrew headed west for a business trip out of the country.  Granted, it would have been nice to fly home together, but we don't always get what we want.

Overall, the trip was pretty great.  We plan to go back to Sedona and stay longer next time.  The Grand Canyon is only a couple hours drive away, and we would both really like to go there.  Once the boys get older, it would be a good place to take them hiking.

I only wish our vacation could have lasted a little longer, but life beckons as usual.  I'm just happy we had a few days alone with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment