Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Don't Flush!

My boys have a bad habit of forgetting to flush the toilet.  Even after I remind them.  Maybe they are too excited to run off and continue playing or maybe they just know how much it bothers me, so they do it to torture me.

Either way, it's gross.

Sunday morning, Andrew and I lost Sawyer.  It's not as bad as it sounds.  We just couldn't find him because he decided to crawl off and explore.

I have no idea how long he was out of sight.  After awhile, I ask Andrew where Sawyer was.  I was back in my bedroom.  Hence, it was not my responsibility to watch the kids.

I go looking for Sawyer.  I found Sawyer.  In the bathroom.  Playing in the toilet.  With one of his rings.  And splashing.  And my kids hadn't flushed the toilet!  Gross!

I grabbed Sawyer, brought him into the kitchen, and started disinfecting his hands.  I tell Andrew to go take care of the toilet.

All the while, Jackson had followed me into the bathroom.  He stayed in there after I grabbed Sawyer and proceeded to say he was going to flush the toilet.  Andrew gives the go ahead for this.

"No!  Don't flush it!  Andrew the toy is still in the toilet!" I scream.  I'm having visions of an excess plumber's bill to come fix the toilet after a toy gets flushed down it.

Andrew immediately realizes his error and bolts towards the bathroom yelling, "No Jackson!  Don't flush it!  Don't flush it!"

Luckily, everything turned out okay.  The toy was fished out of the toilet before it was flushed, and we narrowly avoided an outrageous bill to fix a broken toilet.  Crisis averted.

No comments:

Post a Comment