Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Need Coffee

It is now 10:25am and I am just taking my first sip of coffee.  Said coffee was freshly brewed about 10 minutes ago.  It is mid morning, and I am just getting my caffeine fix.

Why so late?

Getting 3 kids taken care of in the morning by yourself takes time.  Especially when I didn't want to get out of bed.  Cullen woke me up before the sun was up and crawled into bed with me.  I wasn't awake enough to put him back in his own bed.  Hence, we both slept in until 7am when Jackson made an appearance.

After making pancakes from scratch (yes, I consider Bisquick from scratch), everyone got dressed and ready for the day.

A few quick errands later, I was lagging when I realized I have yet to make coffee for myself.  Now the kids were watered, fed, dressed, and ready for the world.  I more or less had a quick shower, made myself look decent enough, ate a quick breakfast, and decided that was good enough.

With coffee in hand, I am now watching my two oldest play with balloons while Sawyer is trying not to get trampled.  I think the dogs are in hiding.  Jackson and Cullen already had their first major balloon injury when not watching where they were going and bonking heads pretty hard.

But I have coffee now, and that is all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment