Wednesday, September 4, 2013

First Day of Preschool and Pre-K

Jackson and Cullen had their first day of preschool and Pre-K today.  I'm quite positive I was the happiest person out of the four of us that morning when I dropped them off.

After shoving Jackson in the right direction for his classroom, I walked Cullen back to his new classroom, the older 2 year old class.  Cullen walked right in about 4 feet, turned around, looked up at me, and got this look on his face.  You know the look when your child is really happy and then all of the sudden reality dawns upon them.  You see their face transform into the 'you're leaving me here and I'm not sure how I feel about that' look.  It was very plainly written all over Cullen's face.  I did what I do best.  I said, "Look at all the toys!" shoved him over, signed him in, threw his snack in the bin, said hello to his teacher, and left.  All of that took about 30 seconds.  Go me!  I think Cullen was distracted by the other little boy in the room who was busy crying out for his mom.

I walked over to the Pre-K classroom and signed in Jackson.  I don't think he even saw me.  His snack was in the snack bin and his backpack was put away.  I think he was busy talking to another kid or coloring.  I didn't even bother with a goodbye.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Sawyer and I have had a nice quiet morning alone.  How I missed my sanity breaks!  Yea for preschool and Pre-K!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment