Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Life's Pause Button

I really need a pause button for life.  It seems so many things are happening so quickly.  Granted, good things are happening.  They just happen to be numbers 1-5 on life's most stress events list.

Our house went on the market a week and a half ago.  Last Thursday, we received an offer.  Saturday, we negotiated a counter offer which was finally accepted.  Score!  Andrew and I were ridiculously happy.  I actually did a happy dance in my garage when I received the phone call from our realtor.

On the flip side, we are now in crunch time to find a new house.  Saturday afternoon, our wonderful neighbors agreed to watch the boys for a couple of hours so Andrew and I could look at houses.  We toured houses Saturday and Monday.  After being on the phone with our bank's mortgage department, I about had a melt down.  Not for the fact that we can't get a loan, but because it is like pulling fingernails to get anything done sometimes.  I think everything that could possibly go wrong went wrong in a matter of hours.  Luckily, I'm a bit tenacious and ruthless when it comes to my money.  I spoke with all the right people, even some higher up people, and I had everything worked out by the end of business day.  You would think already having a mortgage with this bank it would be an easier process second time around, um no.  All the new federal regulations because of the mortgage crisis because some idiot wanted to make a quick buck has made everything a long drawn out pain in my ass.

Andrew and I are finally at the picking a house, getting house comparisons, and trying to figure out what our first offer is going to be.  Fun stuff, let me tell you (insert a healthy dose of sarcasm here.)

We still have to keep the house spotless because we are still having showings as well.  I am really tired of having to keep everything so clean all the time.  I want to leave the formula out on the counter.  I want to stop having to move the highchair every time a showing is scheduled.  And I really want to slap the realtors that schedule a showing and then never show up.  Seriously people, that's just rude.

Stressful life situation, find a suitable house your family can grow into, is now in full swing.

I am still pregnant, not that I probably had to point that out.  I am still having nausea issues and am praying it goes away quickly.  The stress of doing all of this while pregnant is getting to me.  I'm a wreck.  I cry.  I scream.  I threw some child's toy across the room after stepping on it for the third time.  I'm constantly tired.  I feel as though a Mack truck has run me over again and again most days.  It's getting to me and not in a good way.

I'm in need of a life pause button so I can just go to sleep for a week.  Waking up rested and not having to check off twenty things I have to do that day would be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment