Friday, September 27, 2013

Sick Boy

Cullen is sick.  He was diagnosed with croup.

Cullen started to get sick on Wednesday.  He had a slight fever in the afternoon/evening and his voice slowly started to go.  That night he woke up a couple of times burning up and coughing harshly.  We spent all day at home Thursday.  I tried to get him to rest, but that is like trying to tie down a cat.  Nearly impossible.  His fever broke Thursday afternoon, but it came back later that night.

Cullen's voice never came back.  It slowly went from a harsh whisper to a barely audible whisper.  He had a nasty cough which got pretty bad yesterday evening.  Andrew and I decided the best thing would be to bring him into the doctor first thing Friday morning.  Hence, he was diagnosed with croup and will not be going to preschool today.

On a personal note, my house had been so much quieter with one child not having a voice.  I have gotten so used to the background noise of children constantly talking or whining or complaining or fighting.  Not having one makes a huge difference.

I am hoping this won't spread like wild fire through the house.  It's caused by a virus, so one never knows.  I will be spending time disinfecting the house today.  What a boring bon bon eating life I lead (insert sarcasm here).

No comments:

Post a Comment