Tuesday, October 8, 2013

In the Backyard

A cold front came through our area Saturday afternoon.  It cooled it from 90 degrees to a balmy 60 degrees is a few hours.  It was so nice!

The boys were stoked about the cooler weather and wanted to play outside for most of Sunday morning.  Being the awesome parents we are, Andrew and I obliged their request and kicked them into the backyard.

I was busy packing boxes in the kitchen, and Andrew was going through stuff upstairs.  I heard the back door open and a child saying something.  I couldn't quite make out what it was.  I walked into the hallway where I have a clear shot of the back door.

I see Cullen walking into the house with his underwear and pants around his ankles.  My first thought was 'when did Jackson learn how to pants his brother.'  Because that's where my mind goes automatically.  Instead, I finally catch on to what he is saying, "I went pee pee in the grass!  I went potty in the grass!"

Cullen was so unbelievably proud of himself.  He had the biggest smile on his face like he finally accomplished something big and earned his man card.

I walk up to him and immediately start to feel his underwear and pants.  I wanted to make sure he didn't accidentally get any on himself before pulling his clothes back up.  His aim was true.

I live with three little boys and one man.  I still do not understand nor do I think I ever will understand the inner workings of their mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment