Monday, October 14, 2013

Not me!

"Mom, look what Cullen did to the sofa," Jackson told me.

I glance over to see the sofa's slipcover is half off.

"Cullen did you do that?" I asked.

"Not me!" he replied while smiling.

"Yes, he did!  I saw him do it!" Jackson said.

"Not me!" Cullen said while still smiling and continued coloring without a care in the world.

"Huh uh! Cullen did it!" Jackson proclaimed vehemently.

"Cullen did you do that?" I asked again.

"Nope!" he replied.

The back and forth between Jackson and Cullen continued while I went over to fix the slipcover.  I saw a glimpse into my future of Cullen trying to get out of being in trouble with his devilish smile and char, while denying something I know he did.  Luckily, I pulled the exact same card so I know better than to fall for it.  Mine worked.  His won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment