Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Launch Sequence Interupted

It rained much of this weekend which put all outdoor plans out the window.  With the boys being antsy, we told them to go play on the back porch.  They could get some fresh air and would be out of earshot for a little while.

While standing in the kitchen washing dishes, I notice them playing with some bungee cords.  It looked a little suspicious, so I asked Andrew to go check out what they were doing.

Andrew walks out the back door, and Jackson immediately kneels down and throws his hands up in the air.  It was one of those moves like 'I wasn't doing anything I wasn't supposed to be doing.'  Meanwhile, they had one bungee cord hooked up to a pulley cord which raises and lowers our sunshade.  The second bungee cord was hooked on the first.  Both were stretched tight and about to launch some toy.

In as calm a voice as possible, Andrew informed the boys they were not supposed to be launching anything off the porch and helped them disassemble the launch.

"Where they doing what I think they were doing?" I asked.

"If you think they were trying to launch a toy off the back porch using bungee cords, then yes.  They were," Andrew answered.

"I think the funniest part of the whole thing was Jackson throwing up his hands right when you walked outside," I said.

"It was," Andrew chuckled.

Launch sequence break down on the back porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment