Thursday, April 24, 2014

Happy Birthday Andrew!

It seems as though I am playing catch up on a few posts, including this one.

Andrew celebrated his birthday on April 14.  Unfortunately, it fell on a Monday this year.  We didn't do a whole lot of celebrating, but he did get cupcakes!

Jackson, Cullen, and Sawyer helped me bake Andrew's favorite cupcakes, yellow cake with chocolate buttercream icing, from scratch.  That's right, from scratch!  The kids were very helpful pouring the ingredients into the mixer.  I love my mixer!  Everyone got to hold a spatula and Cullen decided to lick the side of the bowl where a lone crumb was flung out.  Of which he exclaimed, "That's good!"  Yes, cake batter is awesome.

Anyway, Andrew opened up a few presents, but he had already received his big present from me the week prior.  His brand new natural gas grill arrived 5 days earlier than expected.  Seeing as I could not move a giant, heavy box from the front porch around back to hide it, his surprise included a bit of heavy lifting when he came home.

The kids sang Dad Happy Birthday, then we all ate some cupcakes.  Very low key, but just how we like it.  Happy Birthday to my awesome husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment