Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Alone with 2

The past couple of days my house has been unerringly quiet.  There is no constant bickering, complaining, whining, screaming, and no laughter.

Jackson and Cullen have been at my in-laws house since Sunday.  They are at 'cousin camp' with their cousins from Andrew's side.  They seem to be having fun, but my house is not quite the same.

Granted, I still have the two littles here.  Sawyer is a lot more talkative now that he actually has the chance to talk.  Seems as though the two older brothers tend to rule the roost with talking.  Sawyer has fully taken advantage of this and is now talking my ear off.  He seems to be enjoying the extra attention from Mom and Dad.  More books are being read and more snuggle time.

Cassidy hasn't really been phased my her lack of big brothers.  She still gets sat on by Sawyer a dozen times a day.  It's gotten to a point where she isn't even phased by it any more.  No screaming or crying when he plops right down on her.  She just looks at me with this expression saying 'yes, this is my life.'

I, on the other hand, am not used to the house being this quiet.  It hasn't been this quiet since Jackson was Sawyer's age.  Even then, I don't remember it being like this.  It's a little unnerving.  Granted, I am taking advantage of the lack of mess and total destruction of my house.  My kitchen counters have stayed clean for a full 24 hours!  Miracles due happen!

What's the first thing I did yesterday?  I cleaned the downstairs bathroom with about 3x as much Pinesol as is called for.  Why?  Because little boys are disgustingly gross.  I can't even begin to tell you all the places I had to scour in that one little tiny half bath they use the most often.  Let's just say, my boys will be cleaning their own bathrooms as they get older because I'm not touching that!

On a side note, Cassidy is in physical therapy being treated for Torticollis.  Before anyone panics, it is a minor case.  The left side of her head was a little flat when she went in for her 4 month check up.  Our pediatrician said it was due to torticollis, and he would be sending us to physical therapy.  She and I went on Monday.  Our therapist said she was a doll baby and had a very minor case that is easily treatable.  I was showed stretches and molding techniques I perform on her several times a day.  She's not a huge fan of it, but I still do it.  Little Cassidy is still perfectly healthy and growing like a weed.

Jackson and Cullen are due back on Friday.  I'm sure they will regal us with tales of their adventures.  In the mean time, Andrew and I are enjoying a little break from our normally loud, chaotic family.  Although, I will admit I do miss my boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment