Friday, September 5, 2014

California Dreamin'

Andrew and I made a quick trip to California for my brother's wedding over the Labor Day weekend.  We left Saturday morning and came back Monday early afternoon.  Really quick trip.  Definitely not long enough for two overworked parents.  Unfortunately, I took no pictures of humans other than a few side views of Andrew when he didn't know the camera was on him and a quick picture of my mom at the wedding.  Andrew and I both had a good time, but wish we were able to get away for longer.  It's not that we don't love our kids.  It's just we love them enough to know when we need time away from them for our sanity.

Since we were on Pacific time, we woke up at 5am on the one day we would have been able to sleep late.  Instead of griping about it, we made the most of it.  Our hotel was next to the San Pedros Marina and Port of Los Angeles.  We got dressed and walked the marina at sun rise, and I was able to capture some pretty sights.  Too bad it was cloudy, otherwise I would have had some amazing pictures.

Matt's wedding and reception was a blast.  We both had a lot of fun!  My legs were killing me the next day from dancing and jumping around in 4 inch heels.  The things I suffer through to look good!  I'm sure once I get a decent picture of Andrew and I at the wedding from the photographer I'll share.













No comments:

Post a Comment