Monday, September 8, 2014

Call Me Coach

Jackson has started playing soccer this season.  He had is first practice this week and first game on Saturday.  Why don't I have any pictures?  Because I'm an assistant coach!  Who knew all those years of playing soccer would pay off and allow me to help coach my son's soccer team?!

It is a recreational league, but the kids are having fun!  It's three on three at game time.  Jackson even scored his first goal on Saturday!  My little man stole the ball from his opponent and took the breakaway down the field to score.  I was so proud of him, and he was crazy proud of himself.  He even thanked me for becoming one of his coaches.  I guess that makes me a 'cool mom' at the moment.  I'll take it for however long it lasts!

It was a busy Saturday to say the least with the game in the middle of the day.  Of course, I forgot to put on sunscreen.  Why I forgot there is no shade around soccer fields is beyond me.  In the end, my arms and legs were quite the reddish brown.  I had fun with the kids on his team, and the other coach and I get along well.

His season lasts through the beginning of November, so it will be fun to watch his progression.  I'm hoping it will cool off, but I do live in Texas.  I do get a kick out of all the other little kids calling me Coach Emily.  And I'm hoping to grab my camera for at least one game to snap some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment