Thursday, September 25, 2014

They're moving back!

It has been over 5 years since my parents moved up to Maryland.  Just a few short months before Jackson was born, they left.

Now, they are finally moving back to Texas.

I've known about this for awhile but didn't post anything.  One, it was a decision my parents had to make on their own.  Andrew and I have never pressured them into moving back.  Have we laid a hefty amount of guilt on them since they moved?  Why yes we did.  Have we said they are missing the primary, cuddly years of their only grandchildren by living so far away?  Yep, did that too.  But, I always knew it was personal decision they had to make for themselves.  Two, I didn't want to jinx anything.  Call me superstitious but hey, everyone's got something.  And finally, it was almost too good to be true.  I was a little afraid that by telling people something random would happen, than bam! They wouldn't come anymore.

I'm not going to lie and say it's been easy not having family in the area.  It's been hard, very hard.  I believe Andrew and I have an even stronger marriage and connection to our children because we haven't lived by any family.  We've just had us, and we are a damn good unit together.  On the other hand, knowing that help is only a phone call away instead of hundreds of miles is a such a welcome relief.  And honestly, you only get what I'm talking about if you've been through it.

As it is, my parents will be moving back to Texas.  They will be moving back into the area we live.  They will get to know their grandchildren and see them more than the occasional once or twice a year.  And I get to help pick out their house and make sure my mom doesn't have an apartment kitchen anymore!!  It's always more fun when you can spend other people's money.

And the most important thing, Andrew and I will have free babysitting occasionally!!  Best thing ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment