Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Uninspired

I've been going through a phase where I feel almost uninspired.  It's not that I don't have things to write about but nothing of substance.  I could write about how crazy life has gotten since my oldest started kindergarten, my two middles are in preschool, two boys are in afterschool activities, and my oldest just started religion classes at church.  Yes, I could write about that, but I don't feel inspired to do so.

Every parent seems to be crazy busy when the school year is in gear.  We all have school schedules to keep up with, homework (yes, mine has homework), afterschool activities, and just life in general.  I have doctor's appointments for the little ones and myself.  I have the cleaning, laundry, dirty dishes, and endless amounts of household chores that never seem to get done or just go away.

I could write about how I was stopped by an older lady asking me if all four of my kids were mine.  I was surprised and a little taken back.  She was obviously in her 70s or older and larger families were around when she grew up.  I guess it was more her tone of actual curiosity that someone in this day and age would have four kids which caught me off guard.

Even with all these experiences, uninspired is the best way to describe myself.  I have been taking some great photographs of the kids lately, but as far as my writing goes, nothing is speaking to me.  I feel as though real life has gotten into the way of my creative and freestyle writing.

And that is just sad.

Sad because all my creative juices aren't flowing when I'm trying to run around and be a taxi driver.  Real life in all honesty kind of sucks.  My schedule has gotten into the way of my creative side, and I'm not all that happy about it.

It's truly the way I'm going to look at my un-inspirational life.  My creative side is being pushed aside and taken over by my real life.  And that's not right.  I should have my own time to be creative and inspired, but I honestly haven't.  I haven't had time to think because of my teething child needing to be held, someone needing help with homework, and me taking the time to play Legos with my kids instead of cleaning and writing.

In fact, I'm at the point where I need my creative side more than ever so I don't lose my mind to the mundane of school, taxi driver, crying, and fighting.  I need the outlet.

My goal is to take the time to become inspired again.  Take the time to write inspirational ideas down in my journal.  The writing is inside me wanting to come out; I just have to give it a chance and relook at the world around me.

Captured a minute before he fell asleep at the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment