Thursday, November 6, 2014

My House of Errors

If someone were filming my life today, I think it would be a laugh out loud comedy of errors to anyone actually viewing it.  To me, not so much.  I really want to crawl back into bed and restart my day.

Let's begin at 4am when Cassidy decided to wake up.  She was wide awake, standing in her crib, and super happy to take on the world.  Unfortunately, it was 4am!  Andrew and I kept taking turns going upstairs and trying to get her back to sleep.  We rocked, cradled, held, rubbed Orajel on her gums, but she kept waking up and crying out.  Since she's standing in her crib now, she even fell over and hit her head on the crib rail which made the whole situation worse because then we were dealing with the hurt cry.  Finally after an hour and a half of getting up and down, she finally fell back asleep.

Picture proof of standing in crib
My alarm goes off (way to early), and I roll out of bed.  Jackson is not Mr. Sunshine and Happiness in the morning.  Andrew and I aren't morning people.  I can definitely function and get up way better than Andrew can.  Jackson takes after Andrew.  He doesn't want to get out of bed and get dressed.  I had to trudge upstairs 3 times this morning before he realized how pissed I was, stopped arguing about everything and anything, and do what I told him to do (aka putting clothes on and making his bed).  It's not like I'm asking anything difficult!

Fast forward another hour, Cassidy is awake again (why?!).  Sawyer is now awake and wanting out of his crib which means I better go get him before he decides to climb out of his crib (which he can do but chooses not to most mornings).  I'm trying my best to hold off putting him in a toddler bed for as long as I can because Andrew and I just do not want to deal with it.

Breakfast, Sawyer is screaming and crying about something.  What, I have no idea.  Cassidy is crying because she's hungry.  By this time, Cullen is my favorite child because he's just eating, drinking his milk, and generally being quiet.

Off to Sam's and Hobby Lobby we go, two hours later.  I gather all the kids and head out.  I'm putting my purchases in the back of the Explorer when I realize the stroller and fold up chairs are still in the back.  I carefully stack things as best as I can.

When I get home, Cassidy and Sawyer are blissfully asleep in the car.  I decided to let them both sleep since the silence was blissful.  I open the rear of the SUV, and the gigantic bottle of Tide I just purchased falls out, smashing into the side of my knee, hitting the driveway and bursting open.  I picked it up as fast as I could with my throbbing knee protesting any movement, but about a quarter of the bottle was on my driveway making a large blue, gooey mess.

After cleaning up my mess, I grab the kids and head inside thinking I really need coffee!  Cullen and Sawyer ask for a yogurt.

As I'm reheating my first cup, I hear a fire alarm beep.  Hell, no!  Yes.  After a few beeps, I tracked it down to the one in the master bedroom.  I have to get the bar stool out to reach the damn thing.  I pull it off the wall, and it continues to beep in my hand for the next couple minutes (which felt like hours!) while I'm trying to figure out how to unlock something to get the damn battery casing open.  I finally get it, yank the battery out, and the damn thing continues to beep at me.  I go in search of a new battery only to realize we having everything but a damn 9V battery.  I take the thing outside to the garage and throw it in there until a new battery can be attained.  All the while, Thibie is going insane with the beeping and is freaking the hell out!  Fun times.

After the kids finish their yogurts, Cullen asks if he can have some Halloween candy.  "Not until after lunch, then you can have a piece."

My house was alarmingly silent 60 seconds later.  I run upstairs and open Cullen's door.  Actually, I tried to open his door, but the little sneak locked it!  I'm banging on the door telling him to open up and not eat the Starburst I know he has in there.  About 10 seconds later, he opens the door.  I see a Starburst wrapper on his bed and one missing.  He openly admits to eating it (although denying it would have been fruitless, but I did appreciate his honesty).

Finally, I go to put Cassidy down for a nap early because she's exhausted.  She has rings under her eyes, she's rubbing her eyes, and just yawning up a storm.  Does she go down easily?  Hell, no!  She cries and stands up in her crib for 15 minutes before she finally succumbs to sleep.  I had to go in there and keep putting her down.

Now, it is almost 1pm, and my house is wonderfully quiet.  I'm going to savor this moment because I have no idea how long this will last.  I'm hoping by writing this all down my luck will change, and the rest of my day will be infinitely better.  I'm too friggin' tired to keep this up.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean, sometimes my home is exactly the same, full of laugh out loud comedy errors. Having children especially when they are still very young can be such a challenging task. My wife and I have 2 young children as well but they are luckily out of that age. Good luck in the future, great blog.

    Earl Mark @ Eastway Lock

    ReplyDelete