Tuesday, November 11, 2014

My Sanity - Update

After writing about all my trials and tribulations recently, I was overwhelmed by the amount of support I received.  I always wonder if anyone actually reads what I write or if people just click like because they see I've written something.

Thank you for all of you who read and responded to my blogs about me struggling and if I'm doing this whole parenting thing right.  To hear I am not the only one out there who has doubts about how they are raising their children helped a lot.  So thank you!

As for me, I am definitely coping with this crazy life.  Writing my feelings and expressing all my emotions helped get them off my chest.  I also went a little crazy in the gym working off stress.  I feel more in control of what's going on and how I'm able to respond to situations.  I'm taking a step back when kids irritate me or something goes horribly wrong instead of just reacting.  It's helped, both me and my children.

I think sometimes we all just need a different perspective.  To hear others have gone through this phase, and now that their children are older, they are starting to see the results of all the hard work they put in, made me feel better.  I may not see the results immediately (as I can hope and wish for but ultimately doesn't happen).  I now know the results will show a few years down the road.  My kids will benefit from me setting rules, limits, and instilling a strong moral compass.  They will learn when Andrew and I lead by example on how we expect them to behave, treat others, and be thankful.

With the Thanksgiving and Christmas season upon us, I'm being more proactive.  I'm taking small amounts of time for myself (when there is time).  My sanity is slowly coming back.  Hopefully it won't take a back seat with the holidays around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment