Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Gloomy Weather, Gloomy You

This weather needs to go!  I'm so sick up being cooped up in the house because of cold, rainy weather.  I feel as though my kids haven't gotten outside to play in forever.  Realistically, it's probably been two weeks but still.

Have you ever noticed how the weather effects your mood?  With the constant cloud cover and rainy, foggy days, I just feel like curling in a ball under some blankets to hide.  The weather is depressing which doesn't make you want to do anything.

When it's sunny though, I'm full of energy.  The kids can't get outside fast enough, and I'm running around play good guy/bad guy with them.  The sun just makes you feel happy and ready to take on the world.  It lifts your spirits and energizes you.

Texas has another artic front coming in tonight.  This means a catastrophic nightmare for Texas!  It's unreal how much panic comes with any chance of ice, sleet or snow.  We literally delay openings and shut down schools for .10" of ice on roads.  Living the majority of my childhood in the north, this is completely unreal to me how people react to a little cold weather.  Honestly, it's quite ridiculous!  Yes, I'll take the opportunity to sleep in with school delays, but Armageddon isn't coming.

Honestly, the Northeast has taken a toll this winter.  They have taken hit after hit from snow storms and freezing temperatures.  What's going on in Texas is nothing compared to what they've gone through.  Spring needs to come to everyone soon.

I'm hoping this weekend and next week will bring us back to warm, sunny, normal March weather for Texas.  I'm ready to feel motivated to get outside and play with my kids.  I'm tired of being inside.  Bring me some sun and warmth!

The view outside this morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment